Green Waste Compost from Warfield Turf
Our green waste compost is made from 100% organics materials, mostly grass clippings, shrub and tree pruning’s and shredded to 10 mm.
Our green waste compost comes from certified suppliers and conforms to WRAP quality compost protocol.
This compost has several uses:
Compost can be used to improve the soil when establishing grass/turf and planting beds and when planting trees and shrubs. It can also be combined with soil to improve backfill material in planting pits.
Compost can be applied to the soil surface to conserve soil moisture, suppress weeds and help minimise erosion.
Turf Top Dressing and Divot Repair
Compost can be applied to turf, on its own or as a component of a mix, to improve conditions in the turf rootzone. A blend of compost and grass seed can also be used to repair divots.
Key Features of a good compost:
- Increases nutrient levels
- Acts as a slow release fertiliser
- Improved soil structure
- Improved oxygen diffusion
- Improved water holding capacity
- Improved root growth
- Raises soil temperature
- Beneficial micro-organisms
Key benefits of composting:
- Reduces the need for artificial fertilisers
- Reduces loss of nutrients
- Reduces soil compaction
- Helps plants grow better and survive longer
- Prevents root disease
- Improves the quality of your plants
- Increases soil temperature
- Aids moisture retention